Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nashville, Tennessee (Part 1)

(scroll down to see the first post)

After an amazing few days in Chattanooga, we departed for Nashville. We were scheduled to play two shows - the first at a little 'pub' called 3rd & Lindsley. The crowd was modest, but the guys jammed their way through a very high energy set and wowed the modest yet passionate crowd. I estimate that nearly 75% of the people in attendance bought something, whether the new CD (available for preview and purchase here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00274SI2E/), a poster or t-shirt. And most of them stuck around for an autograph (on a side note, I think it's very cool they make this a standard part of the show, no matter how big or small the crowd).

The next day was an off day and we were hoping to poke around town for most of the day/afternoon. However, when Davy and I walked out to the van, we noticed something strange about the right tire of the trailer. There was axel grease everywhere and the tire looked to be at a bit of an angle. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but I don't know squat about wheels/tires/axels (or much of anything else about cars), but I knew it was messed up. I called the trailer company and found a guy (Billy) in Nashville who specialized in trailer axel repair (yeah, I didn't know people specialize in that either). After waiting a few hours for him to arrive and assess the situation, we got good news. Instead of spending big $$$ and waiting 3 weeks for a new axel, all we needed to do was replace a busted berring mechanism (took Billy about 20 mintues to fix it).

1 comment:

Jené said...

What an adventure! I love the blog...keep it up! jene