Sunday, July 26, 2009

Houston, Drive-Thrus and Free Margaritas in Austin

The thing that I'm going to take away from Houston is that it was incredibly hot and humid. I didn't want to get off the bus for any reason! Thankfully the venue (Warehouse Live) had a shower in the Green Room, so we were all able to take advantage of that before the show began. I had someone to work my merch, so I was was able to enjoy the show as a 'fan' for a bit. Our backstage security guy (Flash) was a big fan of Davy, so he was a pleasure to work with. He had a huge grin on his face the entire night.

After the show we hung out for a bit with some friends on the bus. But as we headed out at about 3:00am, we realized that PK may have had a little too much to drink. He was funny as hell, but he wasn't making any sense. He started talking crazy about how "Irish" he was and how he could kick our asses. Then when we stopped to get food (again, at Whataburger), he got pissed we wanted to eat, instead of drinking more with him.

Speaking of Whataburger, only the drive-thru was open and the bus wouldn't make it through the turns, so Davy, Nate, Steve and myself decided to walk through and order. Surprisingly enough, it worked! It was the first time in my life that I was ever served when walking through a drive-thru (yes, I've tried more than a few times...). Once again, the burger was delicious.

At this point we had though PK passed out, but we weren't so lucky. When we got on the bus he was making fun of us (again) for eating and not drinking. Then he switched gears and decided he was, in fact, hungry. But when Nate tried to give him an Apple Pie (much like the one you would find at McDonalds), he took it and threw it at my face and started giggling. He said, "I threw my pie at your face and I will throw another one...uhhhh, (long pause) PIE!"

Eventually, we all finally made it to bed, but not before more random shouting from PK. It was a fun night...and PK claims he wasn't hung over when we woke up....but I suspect he was still a little drunk.

So when we all woke this afternoon, we were in front of the hotel our bus driver is staying at tonight in Austin. We all decided we wanted some Tex-Mex, so we found a place near the venue. But when we walked in, we saw a peculiar sign that read, "BYOB - Feel free to bring your own alcohol while our liquor license is suspended." But upon being sat down, we were told, "We can't sell alcohol, but we have free Margaritas during brunch..."

SCORE! :)

Now I'm off to get ready for the show tonight at Stubb's. Looking forward to them feeding us some AMAZING BBQ for dinner...

No comments: