Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Loft and Whataburger...?

Another city, another really cool venue! The loft in Dallas was a bit of a pain to load into, but the room has a great vibe and a kick ass sound system. We weren't sure if we'd get some bodies in the door, but those fears were alleviated when Theron (great stage manager) said he was expecting around 200 people (capacity is 300). And he was right...the venue filled up and Davy and the guys ripped through another incredible set, highlighted by a bluesy, kick ass version of Crosby, Still and Nash's "Almost Cut My Hair". Davy always goes off on this song, but last night he was feeling it...

After the gig we loaded out as usual and got on the road. Nate, PK, Steven and myself were still wide awake (and hungry) at 4am, so Maki (our bus driver) stopped at a fast food place I've never heard of before. I felt in the dark because I was not only the sole person who had never eaten at Whataburger, but I was also the only person who had never even heard of it. But the burger was amazing...not just because of the few beers I had in my system. And I'm not much of a fry guy, but damn if those weren't great too!

But the food might not be the most memorable part of the stop. It was capped off properly by a scuffle that started when we walked in the door. It seemed there were two different groups of friends who had some sort of disagreement. There was some pushing, some shoving, some yelling and some scream...oh, and two dudes ripped off their shirts. The cops must have been out there waiting, because they were on it faster than Ichiro beating out an infield single (sorry, had to work in a sports analogy there!). Good times continue!

By the way, it's freaking hot in Houston!

No comments: